ps4 won’t turn on: PS4 beeps and isn’t turning on, Your PS4 turns on and then off and just beeps once and then again go to sleep mode. If this is the issue then in the latter part of article you will get to know about various methods by which you can turn on your PS4. Sometimes when you are playing your game on PS4 and it suddenly turn off and then its console stops responding irritates you a lot. This is a common problem with PS4’s and you have to perform some steps in order to make it on. I know it is treacherous to find the actual cause why your PS4 won’t turn on but now let us see steps in order to make it on.
- First you have to unplug the cord which is there at back and then plug it again. Make sure it is properly inserted in the PS4. If you have power strip attached to your PS4 then you can directly plug into the wall outlet. This is the first thing which you should do in order to make your PS4 turn on. But still if your ps4 beeps once then turns off then follow below steps and full troubleshooting guide.
- Try holding the power key for some seconds and sometime your PS4 will turn on. But in most of the cases it won’t work and my PS4 won’t turn on. But you should first give a try before proceeding to other steps mentioned below.
When people were trying to solve this problem of “ps4 won’t stay on” by different ways Sony came out with full trouble shooting guide which helped so many people. They came with 4 issues which are not allowing your PS4 to turn on. These are TV compatibility issues, Problem with PS4 Power supply, Problems with hard-drive and some internal hardware issue.
- TV Compatibility issues: First thing for which your PS4 not turning on is your TV which is causing problem. So you should update your TV’s firmware. You should try this first.
- Power Supply: First turn off your PS4 by holding the power button for about 10 seconds and it will beep twice. Then you have to disconnect the power cable, connector and power input on back of PS4. If some damage is there try replacing the cable and connector. In most of the cases it worked for many people and their iPhone turned on. If PlayStation 4 won’t turn on then proceed for further steps.
- Hard-drive issues: If your ps4 won’t start then for this first you have to turn off your iPhone and disconnect the power cable and then you have to slide the hard-drive bay cover. It is there on the left of PS4 and removes it. You have to see whether the hard-drive is properly inserted in PS4 or not. Now you can remove it and again reseat it so that your PS4 can actually start again. You can even try to replace the hard-drive if required. You can try a replacement drive but remember it should be 160 GB and it should not be more than 9.5 mm thickness. Try replacing or reseating your hard-drive and your PS4 will turn on. In maximum of the cases this was the issues which did not let PS4 to turn on. About 50 % of cases try reseating of hard-drive and it worked for them while other replaced and their PS4 is running smoothly.
- Booting the PS4 in SAFE mode: If the above steps won’t work for you and your PS4 isn’t turning on then you can try booting your PS4 in safe mode. Here you have to hold the on/ off key for about 10 seconds. When you will just hold the key you will hear one beep and after 7 seconds also you will hear another beep. Then it will boot into 480p graphics mode and then you can update your system’s software and you can restore your original settings so that if issues still persists because of some update it will be ridden away. It will completely format the system and all other data will be removed from your PS4. You can try this step in last.
- Try contacting Sony support Centre: If the above options won’t work for you and your PS4 beeps but won’t turn on after trying so many steps. Then in that case you should Contact Sony Support centre and they can assist you better. Sometimes there is a critical software bug that cannot be identified by us but they will definitely help you and your PS4 and then it will definitely start up and you can again start playing your games.
More Similar Articles
So, now you have looked at the steps which you need to follow in order to turn on your PS4. If ps4 won’t turn on beeps once then follow the steps and these all these steps are verified and have been provided by Sony Troubleshooting guide. You can try them and your PS4 will definitely turn on. All the best!!